DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
Year of Establishment- 2010
HOD- Dr. Sujata Gupta Kedar Associate Professor
- To provide an empowering education to students to affect and transform human lives from the newborn to the aged, normal and the challenged, to contribute proactively, creatively, progressively and humanely to improve life and standards of living.
- To intrapersonally and interpersonally grow and develop holistically.
- To adjust to the changing roles and responsibilities in the society.
- To understand human needs, rights and privileges and to promote tolerant, integrated happy and healthy families, society and nation
- To contribute and promote a good human development index for our country.
- To provide students with an excellent program where they can observe, learn and practice Human Development
Courses offered - UG - NDCHD
- Teaching Learning Materials
- Early Childhood Care & Education
- Children With Special Needs
- Marginalised Communities
- Women and Society/Policies and Programs for Children
The department is in the process of establishing a department library .For the time being, the college library has books that cater to the needs of the students of the course.The faculty of Human Development contributed by publishing chapters in books internationally and news paper publication in the year 2014-15.The faculty is also part of the Ministry of Human Resource Development content writing project.The dynamic faculty is also involved in UGC and Management funded research projects. As a result, last year the department of Human Development was recognised as a research center by the Bangalore university which means that students can also pursue their PhD in the same department. The department also ensures that the students along with their theoretical knowledge, also gets hands on experience so that they feel confident to work in the outside world. In this context the department had tied up with many organizations and hospitals where the students were placed there as interns. The department also organized workshops, seminars, talks by eminent personalities from the field of Human Development and other fields. The students also conducted workshops and seminars for the senior citizens, adolescent girls, institutionalized girls and for vulnerable groups. As a result our students continue to get 100% placements. Contact: 9986103406
E-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com