- YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT : 1993
- HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT : Prof. V.N.Raghu,M. Com, M.Phil
- The department of Business Management envisions imparting holistic management education to women so as to empower and enable them to take up responsible positions in the industry.
- The programme aims to build character, motivation, leadership, ethics and social responsibility among management students while also imparting skills required for integrating into the society and acting as change agents.
- To develop knowledge and perspective skills among the students by emphasizing on micro and macro environment that influence business strategies and build skills required to analyze the opportunities put forth by the changing macro environment.
- To enable students to understand the functional areas of management and equip them with the knowledge of various quantitative and analytical tools used in decision-making.
- To help students understand the importance of people management and resources management in business while also build entrepreneurial mind-set among students venturing into self employment.
The Primary objective of this three year Programme of Bachelor of Business Management is to provide quality professional education in business management for young women who wish to,
- Take up Executive positions in Private and Public Sector organist ions, MNC’s and non-profit organizations
- Seek entrepreneurial or self employment opportunities
- Serve as market and business analysts
Students who have completed two-year Pre-University Course in Arts/Science/Commerce of Karnataka or Equivalent there to, are eligible to seek admission to BBA Degree Course. Further they are required to,
- Take up a written aptitude test comprising of Maths, English, Reasoning, Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
- Participate in a Group Discussion and
- Undergo a Personal Interview
2. DURATION OF THE COURSE
The course is divided into six semesters over a three-year period.
3. MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
- Each semester shall be taken as a unit for the purpose of calculating attendance.
- A student shall be considered to have satisfied the requirement of attendance for the semester, if she has a minimum of 75% attendance in each of the subjects, failing which the student will not be allowed to take up the End Semester Examination
5. DRESS CODE
The students are expected to conform to the dress code specified by the college management. BBM students have to wear a Blazer every day and must be in there formal uniform for all formal occasions and whenever they represent the college. Students will carry their Identity Cards at all times.
6. TEACHING PEDAGOGY
Lecturer method of teaching is combined with the use of LCD PPT Presentations,
ACTIVITY BASED LEARNING
- Role Play, Group Discussions, Case Study, Video Making –Concept Based Learning, Blogs, Simulation Exercises, Experiential Learning
- Webinar - Interactive Learning Session Using ICT .
- Cross Cultural Learning Exercises
- E-T Club
- Class – Outside Class
- TGIF – Thank God Its Friday
- Compulsory Live Project in the VI Semester – Research Based
- Submission of Assignments on Current Topics as a Part of Knowledge and Skill Enhancement.
- Presentations on Current Affairs and Policy Changes.
- Guest Lectures by Eminent Business Heads.
- Industrial Visits
- Organizing National Level Management Fest – Carpediem
- Intra-department Competition –Sacrosanct
- Participating in National Level Management Fests organized by other institutions
- MoU WITH TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- MoU with SPARSHA - CHOWKI.INFO
- WELT EDUCATION
- AJAX CONSULTANTS
CREDIT COURSES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Retail Analytics
- Business Analytics using Excel and SPSS
- Application of Statistical Tools in Social Research
- Campus Recruitment Programme.
- Social Media Management
- Best Practices in Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Digital Marketing
- Super Learning
- Industry Driven and Skill based Curriculum
- Activity based learning
- Students are encouraged to present research papers at national and international seminars.
- TGIF - Thank God Its Friday
- Webinar – (Interact with Eminent Speakers.
- Content Management – Emerging Topics
- Organizing National Level Management Fest – Carpediem to acquire First hand experience in event management, Resource Management and People Management.